Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today is the day!

Well it is 12:48 am on August 23, 2011... that means that I leave today! At 4:45am we will be driving to the Salt Lake International Airport and dropping me off! I can not believe it. I am not feeling as prepared as I would like, and so that concerns me. But I know this will be an incredible experience! Probably one of the main thing that is keeping me calm is the knowledge that I have a Heavenly Father who I can pray to anytime and anywhere! This is such a huge blessing as I am traveling to a new country and living there for 4 months. I know he hears and answers my prayers and the Holy Ghost will bring me peace! I know that he loves all hic children and that if I turn to Him, He will give me a deep love for the Russian people!

You guys have all been such a support! Thank You! It is so nice to have a great family and great friends who are excited for me, and believe that I can do this hard task! :) I am going to miss you all!




 In preparing to go away, I have been able to spend time with my friends- here are pictures of our epic nertz game! Needless to say, Morgan won...

  Since I will be in Russia on my birthday, my family has been so awesome at making sure I have it celebrated! They took me out to dinner a while ago, the made me a cake with a giant candle! That is how we do candles in Erda! ;)
And today they made me a dinosaur pizza for my goodbye dinner/ family b-day dinner! It made me so so happy! I am going to miss my family so much! I am going to miss the comforts of my own home, and the simple life. However, I am ready to make big changes and grow, and i know Russia will do this for me!
I will try my best to update basis. I have no idea how reliable internet will be, but I am aiming for at least twice a week!

I will miss you! :) Please be safe and take care!
God be with you 'till we meet again!
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!!
:) Good Luck Ya'll!

1 comment: